The Drake 1424 features a 100-channel priority view memory, both C-Band and Ku-Band compatible, up to 50 programmable satellites, stereo audio outputs, the ability to lock out up to 16 channels, automatic satellite peaking and a large on-screen display. It also includes a eight program event timer, an UHF remote with an optional IR remote and a "VCR" video output signal without on-screen menus or messages.
Blue = Buttons on Remote or Receiver
1. Go to a satellite that has the same polarity and is next to or near to the satellite that you want to program.
2. Select a channel that is active on the satellite to be programmed and on the satellite that you are starting from.
3. Go into program mode: Press CHANNEL UP and POWER on the front of the receiver at the same time until the Program/Install menu is on the screen.
4. Press 3 for Program Satellites, then press 1 for Add Satellite.
5. The programming menu will be displayed on the screen with the picture behind the menu. See below.
6. Follow the proper procedure:
-If you are starting from a satellite with the same format, then tap the EAST or WEST until a different picture or black screen appears behind the menu.
-If you are starting from a satellite with the opposite format, then use LEFT ARROW or RIGHT ARROW to select the Format. The "H" or "V" will be blinking beside Format, tap UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW one time to switch the format from H to V or V to H, then tap the EAST or WEST until a picture appears behind the menu.
7. Verify the picture for the correct satellite, if it is then go to step 8, otherwise continue moving east or west until a different picture or black screen appears. Use the CHANNEL UP or DOWN to change channels if necessary. Use AUTOPEAK to if necessary, it will display "Auto Sat Tuning" while auto peaking the picture.
8. If it is on the correct satellite, then use LEFT ARROW or RIGHT ARROW to move the blinking cursor to the satellite name. Press the letter then number of the satellite name or use UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW to select a stored satellite name. If the picture is in, then go to step 9.
**Possible problem** The picture disappears after naming the satellite.
What to do. Make sure it says C beside the antenna position, if not press C/KU. If this does not bring the picture back, use LEFT ARROW or RIGHT ARROW then the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW to change the format (see step 6).
9. Press and hold ENTER for 2 seconds to store the satellite. It will display "stored" at the bottom of the screen or it might return to the previous menu.
10. Press CANCEL twice, press POWER to exit the menus. Press it again to turn it back on if necessary.
11. This completes the programming process.
The parental lock is controlled by the remote control and there is no password. The remote control needs to be secured or hidden if the parental locked out channels are not to be viewed. This means if you do not have the remote and the parental lock is on, then you cannot use the receiver to see the channels that are locked out.
To turn on/off the parental lock
1. Check to see if the Parental Lock light on the front of the receiver is on or off.
2. Any channel that is in the lockout list will show a black screen when the lock is on and will be viewable if the lock is off.
3. To turn the lock on or off, press PARENTAL on the remote.
4. To add or delete channels to or from the list follow the procedure below.
To add/delete a channel to the lockout list
(up to 16 channels total)
1. Make sure the Parental Lock light is off.
2. Enter program mode: Press CHANNEL UP and POWER and the display should blink or a menu will be displayed.
3. Press 4 for Parental Lock List.
4. Select the desired satellite with UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW.
5. Select the desired channel with the 0-9.
6. Press PARENTAL to add or delete this particular channel to or from the lockout list.
7. Repeat steps 5-7 for additional channels.
8. Press HELP to see all the channels in the lockout list.
9. Press POWER to exit the menus. Press it again to turn it back on if necessary.
1. Go into program mode: Press CHANNEL UP and POWER on the front of the receiver at the same time until the Program/Install menu is on the screen.
2. Press 3 for Program Satellites, then 2 for Delete Satellite.
3. Use UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW to select the satellite to be deleted.
4. Press and hold ENTER for 2 seconds to delete the satellite.
5. Press POWER to exit the menus. Press it again to turn it back on if necessary.