General Instrument 450I, 550I, 650I Receivers
These receivers feature extensive on screen displays, 2 week/4 event timer (1 year/6 event for 650), pre-programmed C and Ku-Band satellites with the ability to store up to 64 in all and 10 favorite channel programming (100 video/50 audio for 650). It also features optional UHF remote, auto peak tuning, digital audio sound, parental lockout control and integrated TI filter.
Blue = Buttons on Remote or Receiver
1. Go to a satellite that is next to or near to the satellite to be programmed.
2. Select a channel that is active on the satellite that is to be programmed and on the satellite you are starting from.
3. Press MENU, and the Main Menu should be displayed.
4. Press the line number that corresponds to Installation (usually 6). If it prompts to enter a password, go to the password section.
5. The Installation menu should be on the screen now. Press the line number that corresponds to Program Satellite (should be 3).
6. The Program Satellite menu should be on the screen. (See below)
Program Satellite 10
USE 1-7 ENTER
7. Read line 3 and make a note of the format.
8. Press 1, and the letter of the satellite abbreviation will start blinking. Use up or down arrow to change the letter to the satellite that is being programmed.
9. Press right arrow one time and the number of the satellite abbreviation will start blinking. Use the up or down arrow to change the number to the satellite that is being programmed.
10. After getting the correct satellite name on line 1, verify that line number 2 displays
"BAND : C". If it does not then press 2 and make sure an arrow appears beside the number 2. Next, tap up arrow until it is correct.
11. Next, follow the correct procedure:
-If the format is not correct, then press 3 and then tap up arrow one time to get the correct format.
12. Verify that step 10 is still correct that it is still on an active channel; if it is not, then press VIEW and start over.
13. Once all the above steps are correct press 5 for position and an arrow will be beside line number 5. Start tapping left (east) or right (west) arrow in the direction of the satellite to be programmed. Stop tapping when a different picture or a black screen comes in. If it is on the correct satellite, then go to step 14. If you cannot determine if it is correct satellite while the menu is on the screen, go to step 14 anyway. **NOTE** Make sure that it is not going in the opposite direction, if so then try the other direction.
14. Press ENTER, it will display "Data Saved, Press Cancel". Press VIEW or CANCEL.
15. Verify that the picture is correct. If it is correct, then you can end the call. If it is not correct then repeat the steps, except for 8 and 9.
1. If it displays "Enter the NEW installation password", press the ENTER button and you may need to press ENTER again to verify. It should display "Password cleared, Press cancel", press CANCEL or wait about 5 seconds and it should display the Program Position menu.
2. If it displays "Enter the installation password", Press 92121. After doing this there will be 5 stars or asterisks on the screen. Press ENTER, it should display the Program Position Menu.
*TIP* Sometimes you may have a problem with this procedure. What usually happens is you may either hit the wrong buttons or hold the buttons down too long and it will give them extra numbers for the password. If this happens, press ENTER or CANCEL and try this step again. Once the password is entered correctly it will display the Program Position menu.
1. Press MENU, then number 6 for Installation.
2. Press 5 for Realign and Erase.
3. Press 4 for Erase Functions.
4. Press 1 for Erase A Sat
5. Use the up/down arrows and left/right arrows to select the satellite to be erased.
6. Press ENTER and a caution screen will appear. Read the screen to verify that it is erasing the correct satellite. If it is correct, then press ENTER again to erase it. If it is incorrect then press CANCEL and start over.